Thursday, August 13, 2009

HELP!!-August 13

I AM TOTALLY CONFUSED!

I need help you guys!

Okay, here is an undeniable FACT:
I want to become a film director.

I have heard that the majority of actual film directors did not go to "film school", but majored in other things in college. I want to go to a school where I can study film, but I can also study other liberal arts subjects...

Now here is the messy part:

I am applying to (among others) NYU and Chapman University in Orange, CA

In NYU, I can apply to the College of Arts and Sciences and do Cinema Studies, while taking other classes, but I may not be able to study film production.
I can also specially apply to the Tisch School of Art, but I would have to make a special portfolio and it is very selective. Plus, I would exclusively be studying film. I don't want to do that, not because I don't adore film, but I need a well-rounded education.

At Chapman, the Dodge Film School is my only option...

So whaddya think? Liberal arts degree and then film in graduate school, or insane film concentration?

HEEEEELLPPPP

annacquinlan@aol.com

No comments: