Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Oh Brian Wilson!-August 11


THE BEACH BOYS ARE SEVERELY UNDERRATED!

*whew* sorry I just HAD to get that out.

So yes, Pet Sounds by The Beach Boys has been out for almost half a decade, and yes it is Rolling Stone's #1 Best Album of All Time, but I didn't know this!!

Of course we all know the classics "Wouldn't It Be Nice", "God Only Knows", and "Sloop John B", but I can honestly admit that myself and my peers have passed off these musical marvels as pop-y, oldies hits. I was so ignorant.

These songs are beautiful! Not only those greats, but also "That's Not Me", "Here Today", and "I Know There's An Answer" (among the rest). I'm sure many of you out there are saying "Oh Anna, everyone know that Brian Wilson (lead songwriter, singer, and composer of The Beach Boys) is a genius!" But to everyone else, do yourself a tremendous favor and take another listen!

If you're still not convinced, go on Youtube and look up the videos of Brian Wilson conducting the making of some of the album's most complicated tunes, like "Wouldn't It Be Nice." The videos should be under "Behind the Mic", I believe... Anyways, it's totally exciting to go behind the scenes of his complex compositions!

So slap the record on the turntable, get the CD, or even buy the album on iTunes! Whatever age, surfer kid or grandma, you will thank The Beach Boys for their sweet, sweet melodies. And meaningful lyrics!

P.S. MAJOR kudos to my brother David for buying the album and making me reconnect with The Beach Boys! Love you!

1 comment:

Sasha Arijanto said...

By the way I LOVE YOUR PICTURE IT IS AWESOMMMEQ!!!


sasha